The Galaxy S7 edge has recently launched in the UK, and it's already proven to be very popular with both reviewers and customers. Our dedicated Galaxy S7 edge portal is updated every day and covers the best deals over a variety of tariff types, but in this post we've analysed and highlighted the best deals in a little more detail.
We're going to assume that you're looking for a deal that has a good balance between what you pay upfront and what you pay every month; so we're only looking at deals where you will pay a maximum of £150 for the phone at the beginning of the contract. Technically, you may be able to get a cheaper deal if you spend more than that at the beginning of your contract, but at that point you may as well buy the phone separately and get a SIM only contract with it.
We've analysed all the deals and offers we could find, and have split the best offers into different categories. Normally, we'd start with the best deals for light use and work our way through the deals to ones with greater allowances, but first we want to highlight an interesting finding. The chart below shows the lowest average monthly cost for contracts with data:
You can see from the graph that it's actually cheaper to go for the best deal with 6GB data than it is for anything with 1-5GB data! The deal, available from Mobiles.co.uk or e2save on Vodafone, costs £31/month and £125 upfront, and comes with unlimited minutes and texts in addition to the 6GB data.
24 Month Contracts
If all you want is a tariff for occasional web browsing and downloading, and want a respectable voice allowance to go with it, these are your best options:
- The lowest priced contract for light use comes from Mobile Phones Direct on Vodafone - 500 minutes and 500MB data for £32/month and £89.99 upfront. For the first 2 months, you actually get unlimited data. Average monthly cost: £35.75.
- If you'd like a little more talk time and data, you can get 1000 minutes and 1GB data for £35/month and £29.99 upfront. Again, this comes from Mobile Phones Direct on Vodafone. Average monthly cost: £36.25.
If you're the kind of person who will use data to a resonable degree but isn't constantly streaming content, then you probably want a data allowance in the the 2-5GB range.
- The lowest cost deal with 2GB and unlimited talk time comes from Direct Mobiles on EE, and costs £32.49/month and £99 upfront. Average monthly cost: £36.62.
- If you want 3GB data and unlimited talk time, the best prices are again from e2save or Mobiles.co.uk, but this time on O2, costing £36/month and £50 upfront. Average monthly cost: £38.08.
- The cheapest deal with 5GB data and unlimited minutes costs £37.49/month and £50 upfront, from Mobiles.co.uk on EE. Average monthly cost: £37.49.
- As mentioned before, the best deal with 6GB data and unlimited minutes (and probably the best deal overall) comes from e2save or Mobiles.co.uk on Vodafone, and costs £31/month and £125 upfront. Average monthly cost: £36.21.
- If you want 11GB data and unlimited minutes, Carphone Warehouse, e2save, and Mobiles.co.uk all offer the same deal on Vodafone: £36/month and £149.99 upfront. Average monthly cost: £42.25.
- The best deal with 15GB data and unlimited minutes comes from Mobile Phones Direct on Vodafone, costing £45/month and £29.99 upfront. Average monthly cost: £46.25.
- If you need even more data, O2 offers 30GB and unlimited minutes for £59/month and £29.99 upfront. It's quite pricey, but this offer has the extra benefit of being able to trade in your phone after 12 months and swapping it with the latest phone with no buyout charge. You also get free Jabra Sport Pulse wireless earphones bundled in as well. Average monthly cost: £60.25
- If you need unlimited data, you have two options. GiffGaff has a tariff that includes 'always-on' data, which means that whilst you will always have a data connection, after a certain amount of usage, the speed is throttled. This costs £46.23/month and £120 upfront. You can change your tariff at any point, which means that if you go for a tariff with a lower allowance, you'll pay less per month. Average monthly cost: £51.23.
- The only network that provides truly unlimited internet is Three, which costs £62/month and £49 upfront. Average monthly cost: £64.04.
12 Month Contracts
There are very few options for those that want a shorter contract with their phone:
- The cheapest 12 month offer on the Vodafone network comes from The Smartphone Company, costing £64/month for 10GB data and unlimited minutes. Average monthly cost: £64
- Alternatively, you can get a 12 month contract on GiffGaff for £58.76/month and £110 upfront, which comes with 500 minutes and 1GB data. Average monthly cost: £67.93
SIM Free Prices
If you don't want to get the S7 edge as part of a contract, you'll want to buy the phone SIM Free. Prices are pretty similar across the board (the RRP is £639), but there are a few places that sell it for less:
- Simply Electronics is offering a dual SIM version of the S7 edge for £576.95, and for the next few days, you can get an extra £5 discount by using the voucher code 05EASTER16
- Value Basket is also offering the dual SIM version for £580.99. Again you can get an extra £5 discount by using the voucher code 05EASTER16
- Buymobiles.net has the next best price, for £619.99
For the latest prices, our price comparison engine checks prices every day across over 40 retailers in the UK.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest deals and information.